Hours were spent on Instagram, you visited a wedding blog or 5, enjoyed a coffee date curled up with Martha Stewart Weddings?
Then, seemingly against all odds, you found The Dress.
Great! So, now what?
rfect wedding accessories that day & your W-day look is complete, Yay! Move on to next on the list of wedding to-dos!
e, for many brides The Dress is the centerpiece of The Day. It's challenging to visualize other details without the gown in place to set the tone.
- How to hone in on your unique bride style based on
what’s meaningful to you & check overwhelm at the door.
- How to incorporate pieces you already own &
build your look around them.
- How to fill in the rest to create a shortlist &
inspiration to shop with.
ack later for more info.
ow Accessory Overwhelm Happens
- What’s your favourite feature of your
- Focus on one element that first comes to mind. Picture yourself wearing
it; what made it stand out from others you tried on? If you can’t narrow to
only one, choose the top 2-3, no more.
- Now, what 3 words best describe how you feel in the gown?
- Picture calling a friend to tell them
about your wedding, and 3 words you’d use to describe it.
- Imagine a Google search for your wedding (may sound odd, but trust me, it’s fun!):
ic, elegant, glam wedding… now you try. Brainstorm some until you find what fits your vision of your day.
- Think of 3 words to describe your
personal style. Now, visualize wedding day, right before the “big reveal”.
- You're wearing The Dress, carrying your bouquet...are the 3 words the same?
Don’t worry if they’re not. It’s OK to step out of your everyday style if you want to. Priority one, you want to feel great. If you stretch your style too far and it's not a fit for you, you won’t enjoy it.
- Picture your best and most beautiful self walking toward your fiancé among family and friends, feeling awesome! What three words apply?
- Fill in any elements you already plan
Examples are your engagement ring, “something borrowed” like family heirloom, or possibly you for sure want to rock a pair of sexy shoes, even if you don’t have the exact pair yet!
- Include all the “knowns” in your vision,
including hair and make up ideas if you have them.
goal is to visualize everything in place already; and style the rest of the look around it. If there’s nothing to fill in yet, that’s OK; move on to Step 4.
Now’s the perfect time to revisit it &
start a new one only for your Bride Style and the specific pieces already
- Gown- ideally, both front and back
view (if possible, you wearing it); a close up view of the fave feature you
chose in step 1.
- Bouquet, ring, plus any other pieces
from Step 3.
- Top-level (if you have them) hair and makeup
ideas – I stress, if you don’t, not a problem!
- Your key gown, wedding, and bride
style words from steps 1-3.
Jot these on a piece of paper, take a pic & upload to your board; or type, take a screen grab and upload. Use pretty writing or a nice font in keeping with the vibe!
dy to sprint across the finish line? Let’s do it!
- Sash or Belt
- Bracelet/Hand Jewelry/Gloves
- Shawl or Capelet
- Now rank what’s left on the list from
most to least important to your look.
Of course, it’s all important; but if you envisioned a beautiful veil the moment you tried on your gown; gorgeous statement earrings; or swore you’d splurge on the Sex and The City blue Manolos - then that’s number 1.
Continue to rank each one with a priority number.
- Go back to your BrideStyle.
- How ever you choose to create it, ensure it’s accessible while shopping.
- Re-focus on the key words and vision you created.
- Share your vision with your bridal
consultant to help them pull the perfect looks for you!
with a ranked list of options will help you focus as you shop & keep you on
the path toward a wedding day look you love that’s uniquely you!
Ready to go? Click here & snag your copy of our printable checklist to follow as you go through the steps.